Sheakley is hiring 2 construction safety managers for our client in Columbus, OH. Our client is one of the nation’s leading construction contracting firms.
For details on the position, and to apply, visit the link below
Do you know someone interested in a safety career, but they don’t know where to start? Columbus State Community College has a 7-course certificate in Occupational Health and Safety that is designed to provide basic supervisory and regulatory skills to those who wish to have a job in this field.
The courses are:
- ESSH-1101 – Intro to Environmental Science, Safety & Health, or College-level chemistry (chemistry is a prerequisite for Industrial Hygiene)
- ESSH-1700 – OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Safety & Health
- ESSH-2111 – Hazardous Materials Management
- CMGT-1135 – Safety & Loss Prevention
- ESSH-1650 – OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety & Health
- ESSH-2520 – Health & Safety Training for Hazardous Waste Operations (40 Hour HAZWOPER)
- ESSH-2750 – Industrial Hygiene
Students may qualify for tuition reimbursement or financial aid. This certificate is primarily for those who already have a college degree but are seeking additional training. Please contact Jeff Bates at email@example.com for more information on how to get started.
All courses in the certificate can be applied to the Associate of Applied Science degree in Environmental Science, Safety & Health. Also, we’ve had good luck with our AAS in ESSH degree being approved for those who want the ASP or CSP designation.
Berkeley Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
05/24/2023: Supporting Healthy Work: Law & Regulation
About the webinar:
This webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of the legal landscape that supports a healthy workplace. Learners will explore how current laws promote and protect employee well-being in the workplace, and identify gaps where additional regulations may be needed. Learners will also discuss practical steps employers can take to promote a healthy workplace, including policies and programs that support total worker health.
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
Identify how current laws assist in promoting healthy workplaces
Recognize gaps in the law and where additional regulation may be needed
Discuss practical steps employers can take to promote healthy workplaces
A super interesting upcoming webinar is Sampling Methods For Personal Exposure to Herbicides
Many herbicides can exist in the atmosphere as both a droplet and evaporated vapor. Therefore, methods to assess personal exposures to herbicides samplers must be developed to optimize capture of both droplet and vapor phases. This webinar will describe the qualities of two such samplers. Measurements taken in both the lab and field will be presented to demonstrate sampler qualities and to detail the considerations needed to properly assess herbicide exposures.
* Certificates of Completion will be available for webinar participants who are present for the complete, live webinar and also complete and submit a post-webinar evaluation within 7 days of the webinar. A link to the evaluation will be emailed to qualified attendees 24 hours after the webinar. Qualified learners who complete the evaluation will receive a Certificate of Completion via email upon completing the evaluation. Additionally, participants can print/save the certificate from their browser after submitting their evaluation.
|Jenny Wong & Stacy Ransom
|Past President / Chapter Delegate
|Student/Emerging Professional Liason Chair
|Mentor Program Chair
A robust corporate OSH audit process is a valuable tool for providing input to a company’s board of directorsand senior management regarding the effectiveness of the organization’s OSH programs.
The WISE Mentoring program successfully connects today’s most talented and experienced women mentors with rising and aspiring mentees. This pairing is designed to encourage and empower mentees to more effectively advance their careers through alignment with identified business objective, skill development, career option consideration, and network formation. All discussions are strictly confidential between the two parties. If you are an SH&E practitioner seeking to chart a successful career path or a seasoned pro eager to share experiences and insight, please visit the ASSP WISE website for more information.