Do you know someone interested in a safety career, but they don’t know where to start? Columbus State Community College has a 7-course certificate in Occupational Health and Safety that is designed to provide basic supervisory and regulatory skills to those who wish to have a job in this field.
The courses are:
- ESSH-1101 – Intro to Environmental Science, Safety & Health, or College-level chemistry (chemistry is a prerequisite for Industrial Hygiene)
- ESSH-1700 – OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Safety & Health
- ESSH-2111 – Hazardous Materials Management
- CMGT-1135 – Safety & Loss Prevention
- ESSH-1650 – OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety & Health
- ESSH-2520 – Health & Safety Training for Hazardous Waste Operations (40 Hour HAZWOPER)
- ESSH-2750 – Industrial Hygiene
Students may qualify for tuition reimbursement or financial aid. This certificate is primarily for those who already have a college degree but are seeking additional training. Please contact Jeff Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get started.
All courses in the certificate can be applied to the Associate of Applied Science degree in Environmental Science, Safety & Health. Also, we’ve had good luck with our AAS in ESSH degree being approved for those who want the ASP or CSP designation.