** Posted 6/20/2021
Please contact Selena Schmidt @ 615-906-7264 to learn more about this opportunity. You can also find the job posting HERE.
** Posted 6/1/2021
** Posted 4/27/2021
Corporate Health & Safety Management opportunity at Scotts Miracle-Gro in Marysville, OH. Interested candidates can learn more and submit an application using this link.
** Posted 4/21/2021
** Posted 3/29/2021 **
Reports to: Manager, Facilities
CONTACT: Andrew Walk / email@example.com / 614-907-6009
• Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
• Plan and schedule plant activities such as resources and vendors to support safety and wellness for its employees and visitors
• Support the document management process by authoring, reviewing and approving relevant department documents
• Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
• Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
• Maintain reports and open lines of communication with relevant regulatory agencies
• Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
• Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
• Coordinate “right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
• Analyze incident data to identify trends in injuries, illnesses, accidents, or other hazards.
• Maintain or update emergency response plans or procedures.
• Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
• Develop or maintain medical monitoring programs for employees.
• Bachelors in business (or equivalent work experience) with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in regulated industry
• Must be self-motivating, organized and proactive in order to coordinate the multi-departmental tasks and deliverables to a vertically dynamic audience.
• Strong technical aptitude including demonstrated experience in applying scientific reasoning to solve complex problems.
• Ability to work hours necessary to support production and/or product transfer activities.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and near operating equipment.
• Ability to work in loud noise environments and in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Clean Room gowning attire as needed.
*** Posted 3/15/2021 **
Kelly Services has an immediate need for a DIRECT HIRE Safety Coordinator. This first shift position is located in Columbus, OH and pays $55-65k/year. Please review the JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/REQUIREMENTS and should you qualify, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to apply.
If you meet the below requirements and would like to be considered for employment, please email your resume with “Safety Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Support the overall strategy of continuous improvement for Environmental Health and Safety Initiatives, to include the development of strategies, policies, and goals
*Utilize effective communications to ensure a common message and employee knowledge of various company policies, initiatives, and activities related to Safety and Environmental programs.
*Develop and maintain metrics for all aspects of the safety program
*Coordinate the development of training modules for the work force to ensure proper education for a safe work environment.
*Provide technical expertise and support for all facilities, on regulatory compliance issues in Safety and Environmental Health.
*Understand the chemicals and potential safety and environmental hazards at sites, support steps to reduce the use of problematic chemicals and to mitigate any potential safety and environmental health hazards.
*Support compliance of Environmental Programs including PSM/RMP, as needed.
*Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Safety & Health, EH&S Management, or a related field required.
*Minimum 3 years of experience within Environmental Health and Safety compliance.
*Effective written and verbal (presentation) communications skills that can used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
*Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively.
*Proficient with office automation/communication software and tools used in an office environment.
*Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Company offers an extensive benefits package that includes:
- FREE Medical
- Cancer Indemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid Vacation after 60 Days of Employment
- Paid Holidays
- Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities