Sustainability (EHS) Leader – Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability
Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Sustainability Leader will drive continuous improvement in our Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) Program. Delivers training and provides support for corporate EHSS initiatives. Serves as the global functional leader for EHSS training, metrics tracking and data administration. Tracks, interprets and analyzes EHSS metrics in accordance with scope and strategic plan. Supports Operations, Sales, Service and Projects teams to implement EHSS programs. Oversees management of compliance data and information requests from customers and third-party qualification processes. Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of EHSS management systems.
- Supports corporate and departmental sustainability programs and activities, including waste management, waste reduction, recycling initiatives.
- Assists in the development, delivery, assessment and improvement of environmental training.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Environmental Management System and ISO 14000 conformance.
Health & Safety
- Supports corporate health and safety programs and activities, including document management and administration for written health and safety programs.
- Provides verification, quality control and assistance with the incident investigation process; validate data and compile monthly incident metric reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues at sites around the world to ensure that best practices and lessons from adverse events are shared effectively.
- Works with Sales, Service and Project Management Departments to complete supplier requests and third-party contractor pre-qualification in systems such as ISNetworld, Avetta, SMI Safety, etc.
- Acts as program administrator for corporate learning management system.
- Acts as program administrator for chemical database (SDS) system.
- Serves as member of local site safety committee; provide support with technical resources, expertise and administration.
- Assists in the development, delivery, assessment and improvement of health and safety training.
- Participates in development and implementation of Occupational Safety and Health Management System and ISO 45001 conformance.
- Supports corporate Sustainability programs and activities related to Workplace, Communities, Customers, Supply Chain and Environment.
- Coordinates the quarterly corporate reports on greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts attributed to an organization’s business operations and supply chain.
- Acts as a program administrator for corporate sustainability reporting software system.
- Serves as co-chair for a global Sustainability Committee.
- Assists in the development, delivery, assessment and improvement of sustainability training.
- Participates in development and implementation of Energy Management System and ISO 50001 conformance.
- Demonstrate, through actions, a commitment to the philosophy of continuous improvement and multi-disciplined, problem-solving teams in all aspects of performance.
- Works with Human Resources to develop, schedule and deliver impactful and interactive EHSS training for supervisors, employees, and contractors.
- Aligns corporate and local EHSS goals and strategies.
- Stays abreast of current regulatory requirements and acts as site liaison for regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Occasional travel is required for meetings, conferences, trainings and site visits.
- Certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Training, Education, Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Communications, Environment, Health, Safety, Energy or Sustainability field. Three to five years experience in professional services, construction or manufacturing environment.
- Must have knowledge PC and word processor skills including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint. Experience with Learning Management Systems and SCORM files required.
- Ability to track and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and industry peers.
- Advanced specialized training in safety or environmental regulations preferred, but not required.