Safety Coordinator – Holder Construction (Columbus)
SUPPORT SAFETY PROGRAMS AND PRACTICES FOR A PROJECT
Holder Construction Company, an Atlanta based commercial construction company with operations throughout the United States, is seeking a highly motivated Safety Coordinator to join our project teams in Chicago, IL.
- Assist with executing our safety strategy and zero accident culture on the project(s)Monitoring daily construction activities for compliance with OSHA and company rules/policies
- Implement the projects safety program
- Teach onsite safety classes including fall protection, excavation & confined space, scaffolding, electrical, OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 hour
Requirements for this position include:
- 5 years of commercial construction safety experience
- Formal safety training including OSHA 500 in the construction industry and training in scaffolding, crane management, steel erection, emergency response, fall management, excavation and confined space, rigging, hazardous waste and NFPDS/erosion control
- Ability to identify and correct safety deficiencies in the field
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in a construction environment
- Candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with a general contractor preferred
Ideal candidate will also have a Bachelors degree, preferably in Safety Management and professional safety certifications (e.g. CSP, CHSP).
Since 1960, Holder Construction Companys mission to provide clients with quality construction services has resulted in over 80% repeat client business. Holder is a national construction services firm respected as a leader in team approach project delivery. It consistently ranks as one of the Nations top 100 contractors. We are a performance based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package which includes health, life, dental, vision, flexible spending program, long term disability, family paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan. Our dynamic company culture provides associates with an environment that encourages teamwork, continuous improvement, and performance based advancement. Please note that Holder Construction Company does not sponsor anyone for immigration benefits or immigration status.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Background screen and substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.
Associated topics: clinical, environmental, health, nursing, risk, safe, safety, treatment, waste, wastewater treatment plant