Company Kraton Polymers (formally Shell Chemical)
Location Belpre, OH
- Improve safety management systems, programs, performance metrics and goals.
- Provide leadership and expert advice in managing process safety risks by identifying opportunities and driving improvements in Kraton’s process safety risk management.
- Create and promote positive, proactive cultural change which develops and inspires all levels of management, employees, and contractors.
- Monitor federal and state health and safety regulatory developments and develop compliance plans to assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Improve health and safety management systems and monitor field implementation
- Assist development of plant-wide HS&E policies and procedures
- Develop programs to share safety best practices across all operating areas.
- Oversight for recommendation tracking system to monitor timely closure of action items.
- Provide advice on health and safety matters to Site Management, Operations, Projects, and Maintenance.
- Participate in field audit program.
- Support facility needs during safety or environmental related emergency events
- Support environmental compliance program
- Interface with external Agency personnel in reporting, permitting, compliance demonstration, and program development activities.
- Provide additional support as may be required from time to time to other Kraton manufacturing operations and headquarters.
- Lead Incident Investigations as necessary
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in petro-chemical safety
- Experienced in Process Safety Management in the chemical industry
- Knowledge of EPA, OSHA, & DOT regulations
- Knowledgeable of ANSI, API, NFPA, and building standards
- Experience with effective health and safety management systems
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques and their application
- Experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis tools
- High energy, productive, team player
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Education, Certifications & Licenses
- Candidate should have either a BS degree in the HS&E field or Chemical Engineering
- Prefer Certified Safety Professional candidates with manufacturing experience in the petro-chemical field.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to gain adequate access for role duties
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees during training sessions and site emergencies, and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Often transports or moves items up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions
- Must be able to observe work activity to perform adequate job hazard analysis
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.