Health & Safety Specialist (Groveport)
For more details and application — APPLY HERE
The health and safety specialist is a distribution center employee with a dotted line reporting relationship to the People Safety Department. The health and safety specialist will interact with all leads, managers, and associates in the distribution center.A Day In The LifeThe lululemon health and safety specialist is the main driver of Company health and safety programs within the distribution center environment. They will spend 100% of their time performing health and safety related activities.
* You will be the primary health and safety trainer for distribution center to include new hire safety school orientation, powered industrial trucks, emergency procedures and other health and safety topics. This will include maintaining appropriate training records per regulations or Company requirements.
* You will investigate and report to People Safety on health and safety related claims:
* You will maintain records of first aid, workers compensation, and near miss incidents.
* You will educate leads and managers on reporting process and resources for associate claims.
* You will work with managers to facilitate and monitor transitional work program within departments.
* You will plan, organize, and lead weekly/monthly safety meetings and projects.
* You will conduct weekly real-time observations (RTO) in departments based on incident frequency, post incident, or routine cadence.
* You will inspect and maintain all emergency response supplies and equipment to include first aid kits, emergency communication devices, signs, fire extinguishers, and warning devices associated with fire prevention or emergency response actions.
* Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) license
* General knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations relating to distribution center.
* First Aid CPR, and AED training* Ability to train, coach, and lead others to success
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
* A passion for safety and helping people live and work safe both on and off the job
* Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
* Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
* Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
.* Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
* Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka don’t take yourselves too seriously. Associated topics: climate, clinical, gauge, health, healthy, safety, sewer system, scba, water, wwtp