Location Columbus, OH area
This EHS Manager position is supporting a 300+ employee plant in the greater Columbus, OH area. The plant runs 24/7 in 3 shifts. This role is a critical component of the company’s drive for world-class compliance programs and performance and will require a demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, influence for results and be an effective change agent.
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering or related technical field.
- 3+ progressive EHS experience, preferably within a Food & Beverage manufacturing facility.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods
- Industry best practice experience regarding safety & environmental management with PSM/RMP.
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site specific policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements. (OSHA, EPA and company standards)
- Manages daily activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plants EHS Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities including training, collection, disposal, and records maintenance and for conservation programs within the organization.
- Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
- Monitors and supports security-related events.
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.
Apply Contact Colleen Doerr, Senior Recruiter, at CDoerr@professionaloutlook.com.