** Posted 3/29/2021 **
Reports to: Manager, Facilities
CONTACT: Andrew Walk / firstname.lastname@example.org / 614-907-6009
• Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
• Plan and schedule plant activities such as resources and vendors to support safety and wellness for its employees and visitors
• Support the document management process by authoring, reviewing and approving relevant department documents
• Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
• Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
• Maintain reports and open lines of communication with relevant regulatory agencies
• Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
• Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
• Coordinate “right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
• Analyze incident data to identify trends in injuries, illnesses, accidents, or other hazards.
• Maintain or update emergency response plans or procedures.
• Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
• Develop or maintain medical monitoring programs for employees.
• Bachelors in business (or equivalent work experience) with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in regulated industry
• Must be self-motivating, organized and proactive in order to coordinate the multi-departmental tasks and deliverables to a vertically dynamic audience.
• Strong technical aptitude including demonstrated experience in applying scientific reasoning to solve complex problems.
• Ability to work hours necessary to support production and/or product transfer activities.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and near operating equipment.
• Ability to work in loud noise environments and in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Clean Room gowning attire as needed.