Job Description SummaryEHS Leader at Evendale will own and drive compliance with key elements of Evendale’s Safety programs for a global headquarters site for GE’s Aviation business segment. The Evendale facility is a Title V EPA site, is VPP certified and is home to 6000+ hourly and salary employees.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Provide subject matter technical expertise while maintaining and improving safety compliance programs such as Cranes, LOTO, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, etc.
- Evaluates and updates safety programs, policies, and practices to eliminate safety risks and occupational hazards, and ensure they meet regulatory requirements
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in a union environment
- Coordinates and/or administers EH&S related training activities and documentation to ensure that all employees are aware of their EH&S responsibilities and can operate in a safe and legal manner.
- Maintains/Improves current accident and incident reporting system for all employees.
- Investigates accidents and incidents to determine the cause and recommends changes to work practices or equipment to minimize or eliminate future safety risks.
- Manages projects and initiatives that span a multi-faceted manufacturing and office environment Own and develop site KPIs for safety program measures
- Performs periodic safety inspections and compliance audits.
- Works with outside safety organizations to ensure compliance with all S&H regulatory requirements. When required serves as the primary liaison with these organizations.
- Prepares safety and compliance reports as required by management and outside organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position and the EH&S Culture.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an EH&S related Science or Engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in EHS with focus on safety.
- Experience with OSHA VPP programs and process certifications a plus
- Deep technical expertise and industry experience in OSHA regulations and managing safety programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated leadership ability Ability to document, plan, market and execute programs Established project management skills
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Technical writing a plus Willing to work different shifts and occasional weekends
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About UsGE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com